- $115.00 (USD)
- Ordering Information
The MTM-PM-1 module is part of Acroname's MTM series. It provides low voltage, highly stable DC power across a range of 1.8VDC to 5.0VDC with software controllable voltage and current limiting optimized for cellular device testing.
- Manufactured By - Acroname Inc.
The MTM-PM-1, part of Acroname's Manufacturing Test Module (MTM) system, is a modular power supply designed powering devices during manufacturing or R&D testing. The MTM-PM-1 is a one-channel software controlled, voltage and current limiting power supply. While it can provide stable, consistent and robust power to a wide range of devices, it is optimized for devices using LiPo or similar batteries; in particular devices with cellular radios (GSM, UMTS, LTE, CDMA, etc.). Accurate voltage, temperature and current measurements can be made through the BrainStem API.
For noise sensitive applications, the MTM-PM-1 features a fully linear power supply: no potentially RF-noisy switchers. When thermal and efficient considerations are more important, the MTM-PM-1 can use its first-stage, pre-conditioning switch mode power supply (SMPS) followed by the high-accuracy, fast-response. linear stage. Regardless of the application requirements, the MTM-PM-1 provides stable and accurate power, even under transient loads up to 3A, and line transients within its operating input voltage range.
The MTM-PM-1 module also has a K-type thermocouple interface, allowing for remote temperature measurements from -25°C to +400°C. It also has an on-board temperature sensor, so automated tests can monitor the device under test, as well as the test equipment itself.
- Single software-controllable power output channel
- Software-controlled voltage and current limit
- Output voltage controllable from 1.8 to 5.0VDC
- Up to 3A continuous current handling
- Output voltage better than 1% precision
- Current limit to 1% precision
- Current measurement at micro-amp (µA) resolution from 0 to 3.3A
- Software-controlled fully-linear or SMPS-to-linear operation
- Automatic thermal fail-over or shutdown
- Input voltage from 6.0 to 12.0VDC
- Kelvin sensing ("4-wire") feedback input to control circuitry
- On-board thermal measurement at the linear regulation stage
- Analog current indication output for 3rd party applications or sensing
- Output voltage rail status output for 3rd party applications
- Software-controlled switched unregulated voltage for downstream applications
- K-Type thermocouple measurement interface (thermocouple must be provided)
- Exceeds 3GPP specification for battery emulator for cellular radio testing
Manufacturing Test Module (MTM)
The MTM-PM-1 is part of Acroname's Manufacturing Test Module (MTM) system. Each module in the MTM series is ruggedized and designed to survive the rigors of CM or OEM manufacturing environments around the world. Pin interfaces are protected against reverse polarity and over voltage connections are designed to operate from 0˚C to 70˚C ambient, with no external cooling or fans. As a BrainStem Spindle, the MTM-PM-1 module provides a BrainStem link to connect to a host PC or network. It can also operate independently by running embedded, user-defined programs based on the BrainStem reflex language.
Every MTM module utilizes the BrainStem API for C++ host-based applications and the BrainStem reflex API which closely emulates the C++ API. Each module also features a self-discovery and notification system, allowing embedded and host based applications to determine the module's capabilities and programmatically control and direct communication between modules on the BrainStem network.