Windows USB Driver Installation Guide
- Download BrainStem USB driver package
- Connect the BrainStem
- Install the drivers
Download BrainStem USB driver package
Get the latest version of the BrainStem USB Driver package from the Acroname Download Page. Extract the package to the location of your choice when the download has finished.
Connect the BrainStem
The USBStem must be plugged into a BrainStem development board to receive power. Once the BrainStem has been plugged into a development board it is safe to insert the USB cable. The red power LED should be on and the green heartbeat LED should flicker rapidly when power is first applied.
Install the drivers
When the BrainStem is first connected to your computer Windows will attempt to automatically install drivers.
- Windows will attempt to automatically install drivers for the BrainStem when it is first connected.
- Wait for the driver installation wizard to fail and then open the Device Manager.
- Look for a device labeled "USBStem" under the category Other devices
- Right click on the USBStem device and choose "Update Driver Software"
- In the dialog box that opens select "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Select the "drivers\brainstem" folder located in the BrainStem USB Driver package
- Click Next and Windows will complete the driver installation process